12 July 2008

Soul Guidance

“People don’t talk about the soul very much anymore. It’s so much easier to write a résumé than to craft a spirit. But a résumé is cold comfort on a winter night, or when you’re sad, or broke, or lonely …” ~ Anna Quindlen

Letting go of my own ego-driven thoughts and allowing my soul to guide me is what really empowers me. I can tell when it’s my soul speaking because she always speaks without any negativity and I always feel a sense of peace and tranquility. Usually, whatever she wants me to do not only helps me grow spiritually, but also helps someone else along the way. My ego, on the other hand, is often selfish, negative and critical.

Bad habits are hard to break, but when I allow my soul to show me the best way and when I allow myself to be aware, I know I'm going in the right direction. My ego still takes over sometimes and when I listen to it instead of my soul, there’s always a lesson to be learned afterwards.

Listening to my soul empowers me. Looking inside myself isn't comfortable when I see the shadows as well as the light. But then I stop and realize that without the shadows, I wouldn't know about the light. ~ Diana Brunson

“The place where I am most at home, the place where my soul resides, feels located in and around my heart and a little below, in my solar plexus. When I am aware of that part of my self, attend to it, and act from it, I am at home.” ~ Patrice Vecchione

Ignite your heart passion!
Coach Carolyn

No comments: