04 June 2012

It's Your Choice to be Happy

"I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it." ~ Groucho Marx

Circumstances will happen in life. Some we may have had a hand in, others not. The past is the past and we cannot change or control it. We must simply accept it as the past, take the lesson and move on. It does no good to dwell on the past or on events we have no control over.

When we can see every event or situation as a learning experience, then we will not live our lives in victim-mode. That too is a choice – there are no victims, only volunteers. So, which are you choosing to be?

"Being miserable is a habit. Being happy is a habit. The choice is yours."  ~ Tom Hopkins

Choose wisely,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not a victim and will not allow myself to be victimized. Great post!