11 March 2008

Awakening to Life's Purpose

The Becoming a Woman of Purpose Meetup Ladies got together last Sunday to discuss A New Earth. There was lots of discussion, even from those who has not yet read the book. That is exciting!

One of the things we discussed was Eckhart’s starting question: “What does life want from me?” A few of the women had been asking the question the other way round, of course – what do I want out of life? Yet, Eckhart says that this is the more profound question. When asked in this way, we can let go and relax a bit more, trusting that the Divine will show up with just what we need to do in this life.

For myself, I know that my mission is to equip, empower and encourage women to live lives of inner peace, passion, purpose and prosperity. What I don’t know is how that will play out from day to day – and that is the exciting part. I trust that the Divine will lead me exactly where I need to be at exactly the right time to fulfill my mission. And this changes from day to day. (the Divine knows that I have a very short attention span!)

So if you are struggling through life, perhaps it is because you are not allowing the Divine to guide you to where you need to be, but you are trying to fit into a space that has not been made to fit you. When I feel that I am struggling, I know that I am also not trusting enough. Not that I won’t take any actions; believe me, there is always something to do. When I can take time to stop and listen to what is going on inside of me, then I can hear the inner promptings and know what I am to do next.

Are you allowing the Divine to guide your life, or are you afraid to give up the control and let go? What comes up for you when you ask, “What does life want from me?”

Live in the moment and awaken…
Coach Carolyn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post. I am loving the book and I just found out about Oprah's classes today. I think one of the most challenging things about allowing the divine to come through is learning how to discern guidance from ego. It can get very frustrating.

Stephanie
designhealing.com