07 February 2011

Season of Nonviolence – Day 9


Welcome to Day 9 of the Season of Nonviolence – 64 Days of peaceful wisdom honoring the lives and nonviolent principles of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Cesar Chavez.

Nonviolence begins with learning how to be less violent and more compassionate towards ourselves. We learn by building the courage to speak and act with respect, honor and reverence for our own being.

Day 9: DREAMING

"I'll do my dreaming with my eyes wide open, and I'll do my looking back with my eyes closed." ~ Tony Arata

Our dreams are an important part of life; they both motivate and inspire us. But without action, wisdom and support, we cannot make them real. We must do more than dream of world peace to make it a reality. As individuals we must become peaceful and loving, be mindful of showing up in the world as peace and make choices that support peace.

Martin Luther King, Jr. had a great dream. What is your dream for peace? Write it down. What is one thing you can do to honor your dreams? Do it today.





Journal about your dreams that you wish to create and contemplate how your dreams can show up as peace in your life.

No comments: