23 March 2011

Season of Nonviolence – Day 53: Action

Welcome to Day 53 of the Season of Nonviolence – 64 Days of peaceful wisdom honoring the lives and nonviolent principles of Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Cesar Chavez.

Nonviolence begins with learning how to be less violent and more compassionate towards ourselves. We learn by building the courage to speak and act with respect, honor and reverence for our own being.

Day 53: Action

"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do." ~ Helen Keller

It can be overwhelming to look at the conflict in our world, easy to think we are powerless to change anything going on half a world away from our home. Yet it is at the level of personal choice that the greatest changes take place. As each of us chooses peace as a way of life, we create a tide that can and will shift the scales away from tyranny, toward peace for all.

Take action today to create more peace in your life. Turn off the news, meditate or pray for peace, or call a truce with someone in your life. Contemplate or journal about how it felt to take action to support your desire to see our human family live in peace.

No comments: