19 July 2011

Fear the Bear, Not Your Dreams!

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” ~ Isaiah 41:10

This is the Scripture verse I received this morning in my inbox. What a comforting word of wisdom!

None of us were given a spirit of fear. We are meant to use our fear muscle for clear and present danger, not for day to day living.

If you encounter a black bear, by all means, allow fear to take over as it will help you to get away from the danger. But there should never be this level of fear when living out your dreams and desires. And if there are, then perhaps you need to stop, take a breath and ask:

“Is this really MY dream, or am I living someone else’s dream?”

Just for today, have faith in your dreams and leave the fear for the bears!

No comments: