20 April 2007

Women of Purpose and The Mirror

One of the things that really saddens me, especially as a woman of color, is this attitude that we women have no worth or value. We allow ourselves to be denegrated in the media, in our own cultures, which in turn, devalues how I see myself.

Ladies, I am here to tell you that we are more than enough! We are not "bitches and hos" unless that is who we see when we look in the mirror. When I look into my mirror, I see a divinely-created child of God. She is beautiful, she is smart, she is funny, she is entirely and divinely woman. And this is how I want to be treated and addressed by all I come in contact with.

A woman of purpose knows who she is and whose she is -- a child of the Divine. Don Imus and the gangsta rappers are doing no more to us than we are allowing. The Law of Attraction says what you put out into the Universe is what comes back to you. Let's make a critical shift, ladies, and put out our own divine-energy; our loveliness, our total woman-ness.

Let's not stand for the denegrating labels which leads to violence. Let us usher in passion and purpose, creating a world of peace. It's a big job, but we are up to the task.

Wishing you inner peace, passion, and purpose!
Coach Carolyn

No comments: