05 January 2010

Fall In Love With Your Dream

"Most people say their main fault is a lack of discipline. On deeper thought, I believe this is not the case. The basic problem is that their priorities have not become deeply planted in their hearts and minds." ~ Stephen Covey

One of the biggest reasons people do not follow through with their goals and dreams is a lack of purpose. There isn’t a big enough “why” you want to achieve that goal or dream. So, why do you want to achieve that goal? Is it because it is what someone else thinks you should do or have? Is it because you want to do or have what your peers do or have, so you won’t be left out of the group? Or, is it because you think you will finally be happy once you achieve it? Remember, happiness is an inside job. If you are not happy without it, I can guarantee you won’t be any happier with it.

Your dream is something that comes from deep inside of you. You have to fall madly in love with your dream. It has to be the thing you eat, sleep and breathe on a daily basis. If you talk to someone about your dream, will they be able to feel your passion and excitement? If not, then perhaps it is not your dream.

Take a moment to STOP, TAKE A BREATH, and ASK:

*What is it that really lights me up?
*What am I willing to do to make that a reality in my life?
*What am I ready to let go of to make that a reality in my life?

I hope you purchased a brand new journal for this brand new year. Start writing! Post a comment here and let me know what your dreams are for this brand new year.

Here’s to your success!
Coach Carolyn

1 comment:

Pampering With A Purpose said...

Thank you Carolyn for this thought provoking post. My dream is to be fully engaged in mission work by way of Pampering with a Purpose. When I'm operating in the ministry others comment on my passion. But am I truly convinced that I can do this? Big hug to you.