20 February 2012

Season of Nonviolence - Day 22

Welcome to Day 22 of the Season of Nonviolence – 64 Days of peaceful wisdom honoring the lives and nonviolent principles of Mohandas Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Cesar Chavez.

Nonviolence begins with learning how to be less violent and more compassionate towards ourselves. We learn by building the courage to speak and act with respect, honor and reverence for our own being.

Eleanor Roosevelt has urged, "You must do the things that you think you cannot do." Practicing these 64 Ways will challenge you to do things that you think you cannot do.



Day 22: MISSION

“My life is my message” said Gandhi.   Gandhi’s mission was to be nonviolent.  What do you want to stand for in your life?  Do you know your life’s mission? 

Today:  I will write down what I stand for in my life.  I will note at least one way I can show, through action, that I stand for my beliefs.  I will develop a personal mission statement and draw a picture of myself living my mission.   I will share my mission with at least three other people.

No comments: