04 February 2012

Season of Nonviolence - Day 6

Welcome to Day 6 of the Season of Nonviolence – 64 Days of peaceful wisdom honoring the lives and nonviolent principles of Mohandas Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Cesar Chavez.

Nonviolence begins with learning how to be less violent and more compassionate towards ourselves. We learn by building the courage to speak and act with respect, honor and reverence for our own being.

Eleanor Roosevelt has urged, "You must do the things that you think you cannot do." Practicing these 64 Ways will challenge you to do things that you think you cannot do.



Day 6: SIMPLICITY

To simplify is to invite peacefulness into your life.   When we have lots of 'stuff' in our lives, it is hard to be peaceful.  Close your eyes and ask "How can I simplify my life, what can I let go of?"

"Live simply, so others can simply live." ~ Traditional Quaker guidance

Today:  I will write down three ways I can simplify my life and put at least one of them into practice today.  I will give away something I have not used in the past year.

No comments: