21 February 2012

Season of Nonviolence - Day 23

Welcome to Day 23 of the Season of Nonviolence – 64 Days of peaceful wisdom honoring the lives and nonviolent principles of Mohandas Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Jr., and Cesar Chavez.

Nonviolence begins with learning how to be less violent and more compassionate towards ourselves. We learn by building the courage to speak and act with respect, honor and reverence for our own being.

Eleanor Roosevelt has urged, "You must do the things that you think you cannot do." Practicing these 64 Ways will challenge you to do things that you think you cannot do.



Day 23: PRAYER

“Prayer from the heart can achieve what nothing else in the world can,” said Gandhi.
 
Begin and end the day with a prayer for peace.  Let peace begin with me. 

Saint Francis of Assisi said it this way:

"Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, union;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy."  


Today:  I will begin and end the day with a prayer for peace.  When I say goodbye to people, I will say "May Peace Prevail on Earth."  I will create a space in my home dedicated to prayer for nonviolence.


No comments: