18 July 2007

Are You Living Your Purpose?

“Many people have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.” ~ Helen Keller

So many women I come in contact with, clients, in workshops, in my classes, in my speaking engagements -- ask the same question: What is my purpose? The first part of the answer is I have no idea what your purpose is! However, if you really want to know, I can help you find out. So often, we think of our purpose as our careers or our jobs. This is not the case.

When I speak of purpose, I am speaking of that one divine assignment that only you came to this universe to accomplish. It doesn't matter how you live out that purpose, as long as you are fulfilling your purpose.

Author and speaker Matthew Kelly says that your purpose is to be the best version of yourself. This is certainly true. When you are truly living a life on purpose, your authentic self shines. Not the false self that we tend to show to the world when we are in people-pleasing mode. But when we are comfortable with every aspect of our lives, even when things are going crappy, we can still say, "Well done!"

My purpose is to equip, empower, and encourage women going from a life of adversity and transition to a life of peace, passion, purpose, and prosperity. This comes so naturally for me, it is effortless. I don't have to think about doing it -- I just do it, wherever I go. Somehow, the Divine Spirit puts the words that are needed into my mouth. There are various ways I choose to make that purpose manifest in my life: I coach, I counsel, I teach, I speak, I share stories, I sing, I write, the list can go on. But in all, I must live out that purpose.

When I am not living my divine purpose, I feel a sense of lack and want. If I were not allowed to do what I do, pieces of me would simply wither and die inside. I know this because before I began living out my purpose, I had the j-o-b that nearly killed me. I was miserable. I was good at the job, and my superiors loved me and my work, but I was dying because it wasn't fulfilling my divine call. Yet, when I would get the opportunity to minister to women, I was elated.

So, my purposeful question for you is: "Whose life are you living? And, "If not now, when?

Live life to the full, starting now!
Coach Carolyn

No comments: