09 July 2007

Creating a Purposeful Reality

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."
~ Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

What do you continuously focus you mind on? What thoughts consistently invade your brain? And do you set up shop there, or do you consciously choose to discriminate?

Goethe's statement is perfect for me today. I have been having a one-person pity party. You know the kind -- Why aren't I...? I should be.... Yada yada yada! Blah blah blah! Then I read this quote. I made the conscious choice to believe and receive.

There are going to be those days when we are just in that funk; that place of darkness; that seemingly bottomless pit. My advice is to acknowledge that place. Ask yourself some tough questions. "What is this feeling all about?" "What's really going on that I don't want to face?" "What am I to learn from this place of darkness?" Then realize and receive the following truths:
  • I have been given all that I need to do what I came to the universe to do.
  • I am more than enough.
  • Someone else's opinion of me is none of my business.
  • I am a uniquely created expression of the Divine.

That's a start. Sometimes, we need to receive this several times a day. It took a lifetime of conditioning to create the negativity; so it will take time to re-condition. Don't give up. Create an affirmation journal, if you need to. If negative thoughts and limiting beliefs are plaguing you, first dump them in a journal or notebook; then create a factual counter-statement for each of them.

For example, my negative thought: I am not contributing to the good of the universe. I am taking up space. (Yes, this actually went on in my head this past weekend)

My factual counter-statement: I am creating the space to help women to find their passions and purpose after overcoming a deep life change or problem.

Replace the negative with the truth. If your truth is still negative, then you must ask yourself some more questions. Feel free to contact me if you need help in this area. We are women of passion and purpose, creating spaces of wholeness and wellness, wherever we go.

Live passionately and prosper!

Coach Carolyn

No comments: