19 May 2010

Your Daily B-12 – Be Peaceful

Receive your daily boost of B-12.

These are in no particular order. Use them all – everyday.

“Live everyday as if it were your last – cuz one day, you’ll be right!”

The third of our B-12 boosts is Be Peaceful.

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself; nothing, but the triumph of principles." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

This is the one that I strive for everyday and have been for the past several years. I grew up in a household that was never peaceful. It was very violent, angry and fear-based. This is how I grew up.

Today, I choose peace. As Emerson said, nothing can bring you peace but you. Being peaceful is a choice and sometimes a difficult choice; especially if you grew up in violence and anger. What I have discovered is that if you truly want peace, all you have to do is be peaceful.

Trappist monk and author Thomas Merton once said that if you are at peace, then there is some peace in the world. This always stuck with me because when I am in the midst of chaos and turmoil, I can be at peace and there is some peace in the room. Peace begins with a choice and the choice is yours.

"There is no need to go to India or anywhere else to find peace. You will find that deep place of silence right in your room, your garden, or even your bathtub." ~ Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Just for today, be peaceful!
Coach Carolyn

No comments: