12 November 2010

Friday’s Purposeful Question

Be patient toward all that is unsolved in your heart and try to love the questions themselves. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions.” ~ Rainer Maria Rilke

It is said that the quality of your life is determined by the quality of your questions. So, what questions are you asking?

As I am walking through an extremely difficult issue right now, I am doing a lot of self-care. The first three steps of my self-care plan is to STOP, TAKE A BREATH, and ASK:

“What is this issue triggering in me?”

“What am I going to do about that trigger?”

“You can tell whether a woman is clever by her answers. You can tell whether she is wise by her questions.” ~ attributed to Naguib Mahfouz

No comments: