18 January 2011

Day 2 of Dr. King Wisdom

“Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.”

In our extremely negative society, it is far too easy to succumb to anger, bitterness and resentment. To consciously opt for happiness, peace and joy must mean there is something wrong with you.

I watched the British film “Happy Go Lucky” starring Sally Hawkins. I loved her enthusiasm for life – just because; she didn’t need a reason. I was sorry though not surprised to read in the comments how most people found her character Poppy “annoying” just because she chose to see life as bright instead of dark.

Is this the message of our world: when you are happy, you are annoying?

If Dr. King had given into the bitterness that surely could have come out of death threats and racial injustice, where would we be today?

I have discovered in my years on this planet that most people need no excuse to be bitter and angry. This is a sad fact. As for me, I choose to be positive, peaceful and joyful; and I don’t care if you view me as annoying. I must live my life and I will live it joyfully and peacefully; I refuse to succumb to the temptation of bitterness. How about you?


No comments: