10 January 2011

A Week of Rumi Wisdom

Jalal ad Din Rumi was a 13th century Sufi mystic and poet. I have been gleaning wisdom from Rumi for over a decade and continue to be truly blessed by his words.

This week, I want to share a few nuggets of Rumi wisdom that has and continues to inspire me in my life.

When I began my business back in 1995, I created my first letterhead with a Rumi quote, “

Let the beauty of what you love, be what you do.” 

This continues to be one of my favorite quotes. I not only live its beauty, but its simplicity. This is about living from your passion; you passion then becomes your purpose. This is my story. I only do what I absolutely love to do because that is what lights me up and I can use my talents, skills and joys.

Everything you truly love comes from your heart and has beauty. What better than to do what truly comes from your heart?

So, just for today, let the beauty of what you love, be what you do!

No comments: