14 January 2011

Day 5 of Rumi Wisdom

“Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open?
Move outside the tangle of fear-thinking. Live in silence.”

Not that I am advocating silence; but I am!

I was ostracized for being too silent; yet, I must in order to hear the promptings of the Spirit. I love words and I try to use them only when necessary. I am not above allowing the silence to “speak” for itself. It has much more to say than I even could.

Whenever you are in fear, doubt, worry or anxiety, simple stop, take a few deep breaths and just be still. You will be amazed at how much peace you will feel and when you breathe, you come back to this present moment. Your fear-thinking is not present moment thinking; and it keeps you stuck in your prison – though the door is so wide open.

So, just for today, get out of your prison of fear-thinking and go through the open door!

No comments: