01 December 2009

Need A Gift? Try eBooks

Can you believe its December already and time for holiday shopping – for those of you last minute shoppers? As I have tried to simplify my life, the gifts that excite me most are small enough to put in an envelop, easily consumable, or electronic. Get my meaning here – no dusting!

Coming up with new and original ideas for the hard-to-buy-for person on your list is always challenging. So this year, give the gift of knowledge – give eBooks. What is an eBook? An eBook is an electronic file which has been preformatted for viewing on a computer screen. They are easy to download; and now in addition to the standard Adobe reader, there are other e-readers to choose from. To the computer geek on your list, this is ideal. No wrapping, no lugging, and no dusting – unless they choose to print it out. I personally have dozens of eBooks and some I do choose to print out and carry with me to read.

One of our BWP members prints out her eBooks and shrinks them down by sixty percent. This way, she can carry a few to read during her commutes. Absolutely brilliant! Knowledge is power and eBooks are a great way to tap into more knowledge. You can find all genres of eBooks nowadays. I prefer the classics myself.

Empower someone by gifting an eBook this Christmas. I bet you no one will think of this as a gift.

Coach Carolyn

No comments: