11 May 2007

Live with Joy

“Fill your life with as many moments and experiences of joy and passion as you humanly can.” – Marcia Wieder

“We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them.” – Kahlil Gibran

Joy and happiness are not the same thing. Joy is an internal process grounded in knowledge of spiritual truth, the ability to trust the wisdom of the Divine. Happiness is generally a mental and emotional response to temporary external stimulation, in response to a perceived need. Joy is a state of being, emotional stimulation in response to spiritual inspiration, whereas, happiness is a demonstration or expression reliant on a series of events that may or may not occur.

People often ask me why am I always so happy giving the amount of tragedy I have experienced. And I tell them, it isn’t happiness, it is joy; that deep, inward delight that no matter what is going on around you, will never be disturbed. My joy is divinely-inspired; and it is expressed passionately in my life purpose. I do what I have been created to do. Nothing more, nothing less.

Are you living with joy? Or do you follow whichever way the wind blows?

Live passionately on purpose and with joy,
Coach Carolyn

No comments: