19 October 2009

Finding Intentional Love

When I sent out the word for prayer intentions, I stated three areas of intention: Relationships, Business & Career, and Health & Wellness. As I am recording the intentions, the longest list is for healing in the area of relationships. Also, on the BWP Meetup Forum, I started a thread with the question: “What's keeping you stuck?” once again, relationships led the way.

A couple of years ago, I led a three evening workshop for a singles group called The Joy of Living on Purpose for Singles. The comments and realizations were astonishing, sad but astonishing. I found that we are looking for love in all the wrong places. We are looking for love to feel complete – the proverbial lone sock, as one woman stated. It is difficult to be alone in a couple-oriented society. Don’t you love it when you walk in a restaurant, and the server or host asks: “Just one?” Like it’s some kind of cootie disease. I have now begin answering, “Yes, the one and only!”

Unlike, a great career or passion, we don’t properly prepare for a loving relationship. Oh yes, we certainly expect it, but without any preparation or planning. We simply jump in with the first person to come along who has a pulse.

“Is he breathing? Okay, then he'll do!”

Hold on, now. You are worth so much more than that. But if you treat your romantic or even platonic relationships this way, don’t expect to receive too much from them. You get what you pay for, if I may be so blunt. If you put nothing into the preparation, then you will receive even less. Believe me, I know.

Arielle Ford, author of The Soulmate Secret: Manifest the Love of Your Life with the Law of Attraction, offers ten top things to do to manifest your soul mate. She writes:

Prior to meeting Brian ten years ago, I had a daily ritual in which I would light several candles at sunset, put on my favorite CD of Gregorian chants and sit in my big, cozy chair. With my eyes closed I would drop into the feeling of remembering the joy of having my soul mate in my life. I would experience these wonderful feelings in every part of my body KNOWING that he was on the way. There were days when the thought that he was very late did cross my mind but I would just let those thoughts go and get back into a state of grace….feeling and knowing that his arrival was assured.

To manifest your soul mate here are the ten top things to do and remember:

• Be the loving person that you are. Find ways to express more love to everyone in your life.
• Live in the knowingness that you are in a loving, committed relationship.
• Live that truth every day as you savor the waiting for your beloved to arrive.
• Create a “vision map” of your romantic vision and look at it daily.
• Write a list of the most important qualities your soul mate will possess.
• Heal your heart of any past hurts that will prevent you from magnetizing big love.
• Clear out the clutter in your home and create space for your beloved (especially in your closets).
• Create an altar in the relationship corner of your home.
• Listen to your intuition to take action when opportunities present themselves.
• Fall in love with yourself. Know that you are lovable.

Check out the First 30 Days website to read the rest of Arielle’s article. BTW, Arielle is Debbie Ford's sister. Totally rockin' women!

Also, check out Arielle's website, The Soulmate Secret. The video on the homepage is kickass funny!

Ladies, I totally love myself and anyone who’s down with that, can come along. Otherwise, get to steppin’!

Coach Carolyn

No comments: