21 October 2009

Laughter, Bingo, Chakras and T-Shirts

One of our BWP women of purpose mentioned that she was interested in selling T-shirts; and I know other women who jumped on this bandwagon as well. And as I have absolutely nothing to do all day except think, I got to thinking.

I remember when I was going through my grieving process, I would have loved to have a T-shirt that said: “Grieving, please handle with prayer” or something like that. Living in New York City, there are T-shirt vendors near all the tourist spots selling “I Heart NYC” T-shirts, among other more colorful languaged wear. I have even discovered that there are custom Bingo T-shirts. Is that a riot? Bingo Fashion! Yes, apparently folks still play bingo. I would love it if instead of numbers, they would call out the chakras. But that would only go up to seven, wouldn’t it? Oh well. But I digress….

There are literally T-shirts for any occasion – from vintage to the truly outlandish and everything in between. If you cannot find the one you want, then have it custom made. The one thing I love about T-shirts is that they are unisex and one size does fit all… or most.

So, I got to thinking about this journey of discovery we are all on. You know, coming to awarenesses and being awakened. Wouldn’t it be fun to have progress T-shirts? Everything from “I am still asleep,” to “Had an AHA!” to “One eye opened,” to “KABOOM!” with a picture of a brick labeled “awareness.”

How about “Dealing with fear today, so please don’t sneak up behind me!” ROTFLOL! Sorry, sometimes I crack myself up! We take all this personal growth so serious. Yet, I’ll wager that every one of you owns at least one T-shirt.

My two favorite T-shirt slogans:

“The fact that no one understands you doesn't make you an artist.”

“Do NOT start with me. You will NOT win.” Here, you snap your fingers in Z formation!

Free Bingo, anyone?

Laugh and buy a T-shirt!
Coach Carolyn

No comments: